Of course, it goes without saying, but that won't stop me from saying it, lol. The team is competing at the highest level of professional sports. There will be plays made against our defense. Opponents will move the ball. I think it's safe to say that the aim of the defense is to reduce, measurably, the amount of offensive production opponents have against our defensive unit. We'll have to accept that opposing offenses will make plays. I"m hopeful that Schwartz will be better at making adjustments as needed.

With that out of the way, I found an article that illustrates how Schwartz has deployed his defense in previous seasons. I'm sure there's been some evolution since some of these observations were made but it's what is available to make an educated guess about how the 2023 Browns defense will operate.

JIm Schwartz's attack defense.

Hitt, specifically to your question about being susceptible to the screen. Look at "Shot 3", involving Mario Williams. It does not specifically show Buffallo (when Schwartz ran their defense), defending a screen. But it does give some indication of the Linebacker's responsibility (look at #53) when the ends are rushing hard upfield. Although not shown, I would think the Corners or Safties would also have some responsibilities for players in the flat.

Also, take a look at "Shot 15) ironically involving the Browns, Admittedly this is a pitch to (Cribbs?) not a screen but the DE is rushing aggressively upfield with an inside rush. The Linebacker has to replace the DE by getting outside quick, fast and in a hurry. This is what our Linebackers will be tasked to do.

Overall, this article from the archives of the Eagles website contains some tangible evidence on how our D will be expected to play.