lol!! Yea boy it must be horrible down here!! That’s why we can’t build houses fast enough for all the people flocking to the state to escape the looney lefty democrat run states.

Some roofs are more expensive down here because they are tile roofs which are heavy and require a great deal more support than shingles. Many are metal and they are more expensive as well. Several of my neighbors lost shingle roofs in Ian and replacement costs were comparable to shingle roofs anywhere else.

We have had two major hurricanes in the five years we have lived here full time. Insurance and individuals are working thru it. But I have not heard of a mass migration of Floridians going north and I do not think I will.

I get it. There is nothing you lefties want more than for desantis to fail and Floridians to struggle. . But 7-8 months ago he got 60% of the vote, significant % of Hispanics, blacks and independents. Just pisses you off.

On the bright side, judging by your comments we do not have to worry about you two joining us any time soon.