Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
the concerning thing about York, IMO, is that he misses too many of the kicks under 45 yards. That's simply not good enough
Originally Posted by bonefish
My general attitude towards kicks is like free throws in basketball.

Make the xtra points like 95% plus. Field goals in normal conditions 40 yards and under should be like xtra points.

The higher you move back and however the conditions are. You get some leeway.

I don't care how the kicker makes the team. Bring in a bunch of guys and find someone who is reliable.

We have no room for error this year. We cannot lose games because York misses 40 yarders and blows an xtra point.

That's crazy, Bone... I was reading Dawgs' post and was going to make a similar analogy.

First though, I'm really not concerned about York and think people are waaay too far over the top in being ready to toss him out the window.

York has more than enough leg, his confidence is not "shot". Yes, he needs to relax and get out of his own head.

As far as he and "free throws"... he kicks with full confidence and right within his wheelhouse at about 50 yards. 40-50 yards reminds me of Shaq shooting free throws... always trying to 'take something off' and 'aim', rather than just letting it fly. Shaq would have been better off stepping back four feet, York would be bettor off if he were blindfolded and had no idea the distance. He will figure it out. Every missed FG in the preseason gets a fist pump from me anyway.

Furthermore, this FO is done with Russian Roulette at K. If this dude folds in the playoffs and costs us a 'berth' game; they will breakout the checkbook and have a proven kicker as the highest paid in NFL history next year.