Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
Originally Posted by Deepsouthdawg
2 games into a vanilla preseason and a few of y'all's comments is hilarious.

What I can’t fathom is this is an understatement.

You are not wrong...but here's a response:

First off, It's a message board. It exists for people to participate, read or ignore. What's Purp supposed to do? Shut it down in the off-season?

The rest of my comments are in italics.

It’s preseason…it’s the same thing EVERY YEAR with just a couple changes (I.e. rule changes, how offenses/defenses adjust from the previous year, etc) from the previous year.

It IS the same thing every year...THAT'S why people are complaining...it's as if we haven't learned squat every off-season

Things I expect yearly, and still can’t figure out why it gets said:

- complaining the starting QB doesn’t get enough pre-season reps.

For how many years have we "saved/rested" starters (particularly our QBs) only to have them look completely unprepared to start the season?[/i]

- complaining about the offense play calls (at the goal line, going for it / running certain plays on certain downs).

[i]For how long has our offense looked inept in the red zone? Regular season or pre-season?

- how different units suck when it comes to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc string players.

Every year we drink barrels of Kool-Aid about how great our roster is now...only to see in season that it isn't

- complaints about the staff, FO, and SKI over a pre-season game, lol.

We see the exact same issues in the regular season that we see in the pre-season. Pre-seaon is when we are supposed to be working out the issues...then we simply do not

“complaining about the offense play calls (at the goal line, going for it / running certain plays on certain downs).”

It’s the preseason, you don’t give out tendencies in the PRESEASON. We don’t even have our full starters out there. I’m sure in a regular season game, Kelly or Felton are going to be out there running it in our goal line packages..

When WILL the starters be out there? PS game #2? I expect they will play (2) series and then done for the night...and then they won't play at all in PS #3...and we will look totally unprepared for the Bengals...at home...again.

It’s a glorified scrimmage, Ski is trying different play calls - see how players, different personnel execute the plays. I’m sure they are evaluating how some personnel work with each other in case of injuries and etc. Ski isn’t haven’t any sleepless nights over his pre-season play calling, lol.

When will we see how the STARTERS execute the plays? Opening Day? New QB (essentially)...re-tooled offense...new defense...what could go wrong? Opposing teams are also not losing sleep over Ski's play-calling either

Look...pre-season could be - and should be - meaningless as far as critiquing the play and the coaching...but for us, it never seems to be so. FWIW, I'm not attacking you, just responding as to why I post critical comments in the PS.