Originally Posted by BpG
Think the weather had a lot to do with the 1st half especially. People saying Watson needs to be better are the same people who will tell you how Elite Joe Burrow is. Joe Burrow is elite and was soundly outplayed by Watson, Joe missed a bunch of throws too.

I'm in the minority that I think Burrow is overrated. Average arm who both elevates and is elevated by the players around him. Put him on a team with average receivers and I don't think he could carry that team to the playoffs.

Watson played poorly. No two ways around it. He's been short hopping passes since he's been here so it's hard to say the weather was the cause. He does have the ability to turn into a running back which is what we essentially did when it was clear he couldn't pass the ball. The rushing td was nice. The td to Bryant was a scheme td. Any of us could have thrown that. But he essentially missed wide open receivers all day and not just the ones that the TV showed. He needs to play better. The defense saved the day.

But just win games. If he's going to be average but we are winning games because of the defense so be it.

Just. Win. Games.