Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Do you have even a remote clue of how vital Ukraine is strategically? Do you know how much food they produce? Do you realize they are a democracy because we helped them get there? And you would abandon them to Putin, a would be Hitler? If you ever served, I doubt you’d feel like that. Trump can cower all he wants to Putin, but Putin is a pimple on the sphincter of the world, nothing more. His nukes MAY be a threat to the US, but that is the only threat he poses us.

And you’re right, we don’t need to be the world police, but we do need to stand against the bullies, dictators, and autocrats. Before Trump, republicans understood this. Preached this. Now everything they say is counter intuitive like they want to hand the world over to strongmen dictators and fascists. Your ilk needs some serious reflection time.

Do I know how vital Ukraine is? Sure... They produce a lot of gains etc for Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa and they have a technology sector there. Again... Europe/Aisa/Middle East/ Africa would have taken care of it if we didn't have to get involved. We could have waited to see what actually happened. Which, is basically not much of anything now.

Putin would never be a Hitler. He's a douche but, he would never get further than Ukraine. His military is already basically beaten and the result would have been the say if we stayed out of it.

A very large part of my family served. I did not.

Ukraine is not a democracy - they are semi-republic with a multi-party system wink

Are you also one of the people that said Putin would stop at Crimea?

You wanna see us "wasting money on Ukraine"? The $$ and equipment we're sending now is NOTHING compared to what it would be if Russia takes Ukraine, and that buffer is gone between NATO and Russia. Not to mention the impact on the world economy.

For a govt and military that is addicted to wasting money, how we're handling Ukraine is downright thrifty.