My opinion is the play calling wasn’t the issue. If anything it was minimal issue. All coaches tend to make a few questionable calls during the game. I would love to see the full field view to get a better understanding of the spacing the receivers had during the plays.

I have one gripe over the play calling. Some games Ski tends to forget what has worked for him in the past that can be beneficial to DW. The screen passes to the RBs, TE,and WRs. The Steelers were coming in fast and DW was having trouble believing what he was seeing out there (him patting the ball so much). Slow down that rush and build some confidence in your QB (and receivers) by giving him some high percentage and quick react throws. DW looks like he’s overthinking and not confident in his decisions.

What I thought were offensive issues for the game:

I think it was Memphis that brought it up and I saw it too. DW definitely doesn’t have a feel for the game right now. DW gets pressure and he puts his head down and takes off. I am not seeing much of him looking down field while scrambling.That is something he wouldn’t do in the past. That is usually what a rookie does when they’re overwhelmed with the speed of the game.

This is why I had minimal issues with the play call: - Penalties, penalties, penalties. I felt our drives consisted of either a turnover by a player not securing the ball. Or the big thing we would have a decent drive going then there would be a holding, then a false start. We would be on their side of the field 1st and 10 to pushing ourselves back to our side of the field with 3rd and forever then having to punt. It’s hard to get any momentum when you are shooting yourself in the foot over and over.

The starting of our field position wasn’t great, but that’s part of the game. However, DPJ HAS to catch that punt. Letting that punt bounce all the way inside the 5 was unacceptable. It changed the upcoming drive dramatically. My only thing I can come up with is either the wind was blowing it all around or he lost it in the lights and didn’t want to take a chance on dropping it. Either way he still needs to catch that.