Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
My caveat is that we have lost our best offensive threat and leader in Chubb ... and our QB is still a big mystery. I'd feel much better if we lost to the Ravens and Steelers but had Chubb and a consistent Watson moving forward

Who wouldn't? Everybody would feel better.

I don't want to make it sound like I think everything is roses. I have edged to the side of Stefanski not calling all the plays. Not because I think he isn't good at calling plays. The only real play calling I dislike is the way we use Moore. He is just another version of what we wanted out of Schwartz. He seems to be our gadget guy. Moore is better than Schwartz. I just want to see him line up in a traditional receiver position and make it work from there. If he can't get open and catch the ball, then get rid of him. Quit trying to force feed things in to trying to make him this dynamic playmaker who strikes fear in to opponents from multiple angles. Sure, do that on occasion, but only once the guy has proven he gets it done in a regular manner. If not, that is when you see the player feeling pressure to make something happen and they start trying to reverse field and end up losing 16 yards. Sure, I would love to have a Percy Harvin type on my team, but you don't produce players like that, they just happen, and they don't happen very often.

Stefanski would be better suited to having an OC calling most plays so he can focus on the entire team. Just because a coach doesn't call plays doesn't mean they don't call some plays.

I also have a problem with the O design. It's like we are trying to have a hybrid of what Stefanski sees in the prefect Offense and what Watson likes to play. Watson is the QB. We need to play the way he likes to play about 95% of the time. We aren't doing that, and we are seeing the mixed results. What we see is a coach who is uncomfortable with a Gun, spread type O and a QB who is uncomfortable under center.

We need to figure it out.