Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
- Speaking of Bryant, that was a great play call on the Hunt TD. Bryant had lined up at QB a few times on short yardage and has always been successful. Crossing that up with the pitch to Hunt was not was SF was expecting. Genius.

Yeah, but if it didn't work, we'd be hearing the exact opposite about Stefanski tries to be too cute! or Stefanski should have just called a run!.....especially if we lost. That's the way it goes.

Not really - and KS did run it.

Is your post trying to suggest that Stefanski hasn't shown a history of trying to be too cute in his time as HC of CLE? I mean you only have to look at the interception we had, and the first play after that when we were inside their territory -- the return of the play that hasn't worked once in a half dozen plus times it's been called - a end around with Moore running backwards losing ground. What happened on the next 3 plays? I think we gave a penalty, then incompletions and a punt .... I don't know if that's KS getting cute or just being stupid. I mean we're supposed to be an analytics driven team - or we use analytics a lot - how many times does the same play have to lose yardage and never work before you scrap it?

I don't get the trolling of other posters who don't think Stefanski is a good HC. I mean we've got 4 years of Stefanski under performing. We've got one great win vs the 49ers and you want to act like it proves something?

When Joe Woods was the DC and we criticized him and Stefanski - posters like you rushed to Stefanski's defense to say he wasn't responsible for the D.... well guess what, that cuts two ways. Schwartz is the single biggest reason this team won on Sunday and if Stefanski took no blame for Woods he doesn't get any credit for Schwartz. Unless Stefanski guides this team to the playoffs and avoids laying more eggs as he has shown many many times in previous seasons when we thought we were on the right track then this game means absolutely diddly squat no matter how good it feels this week.