Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Why do people keep acting like we “let Jacoby” go. He left for a chance to start . Him staying at the time wasn’t and option in our control.

I agree. I thought it was crystal clear that he was a stand-in during the suspension year. I think this only became clearer when he showed out over the course of his games. Dude earned a starting job... which is why it's really weird to me that he finds himself backing up the likes of Sam Howell.

I'll say it again, because the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of bringing him back. Berry needs to get back on his "F them picks" bike one more time and make it happen.

1. Jacoby is a proven quantity in this offense throwing to most of these receivers. If we were to plot a graph of potential backup QB acquisitions in terms of cost v effectiveness, Jacoby would be waaaay out in the one corner.
2. If we really are a contending teams, one thing that contending teams need to do is spend some resources on a solid backup. We rolled the dice with DTR, and it didn't work. It happens and it's not the end of the world so long as you address it quickly. Jacoby wouldn't be a rental... he'd be our solid backup, and he'd continue to be a weapon on QB sneaks like he was last year.
3. In terms of our options, he'd be the best best, and probably one of the cheapest.
I agree about Brissett; he’s def the path of least resistance and proven to be able
To manage the team in this offense and he’s never had a good
Defense. But regardless if Watson comes back or not, it doesn’t make our need for a competent backup any less imo. We will know by the moves if the FO really believes we can contend this year or not