Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Something else I have been noticing. This goes back to a bone of contention I have had for more than a few years. I have long said that fullbacks are pretty useless. My feeling is if you want a playmaker on the field, put a playmaker on the field. If blocking was what you wanted, put a back-up lineman in the game to get more blocking. I am seeing us do that. Big thumbs up from this guy.

Don't waste a darn roster spot on a useless fullback.

Quoted for truth.

You have been nothing, if not consistent with this p.o.v. for years.

I remember debating with you about this very thing when Lawrence Vickers was our fb. Back then, my pov was that LV was valuable as lead blocker, but could also catch for runs from the backfield, making him the more valuable/versatile roster spot.

Clearly, your premise has been validated by current CLE's approach.
Big Boy has been helping us covert 3rd & shorts all season long, and we already have pass-catching backs for plays that require such a feature.

Hats off for a call you made more than 10-15 years ago.

thumbsup

That said, there was something special about watching #47 seek out and destroy LB's on toss-sweeps. Grown-ass men flew backward when they met this man in the hole. He was the one, true Football Hardass on a Browns team that was regarded, league-wide... as- soft, back then.

Nobody ever talked s# about Lawrence Vickers.
Nobody.

Bro- if ya can't tell from my post- I'm still a fan.
#47: Old School Football.

I'm showing my age.
wink