Most important game of the year by far. The best team in the league right now, at full strength, at home, smack-dab in the middle of the season, right before the playoff sprint.

I don’t think this is an understatement: This is probably the most clear measuring stick game we’ll play this year and statement about what we are as built and run by this FO, coach and QB. We don’t have Chubb and our OL is banged up & missing pieces. But good teams find a way. Good teams, at the very least, don’t fall apart because everything isn’t perfect. See: this years Steelers.

We don’t have to win in terms of getting into the playoffs but we need to show that we belong. A demoralizing or embarrassing loss, having our D get exposed again, will set a very bleak tone for rest of the season. A close loss up through a win sets a much different tone.

One thing I know for sure, this is going to be an extremely physical game, much like the San Francisco game. I want to be the bully’s of the AFCN for a change. Even if we lose, I want a pound of Raven flesh. I want them limping the rest of the way. If we get beat down, the Steelers game and the rest of the season will be about fighting over scraps and “next year”. If we win, however ugly, it means we’re for real. Pretty cut and dry in a way few games ever are.

Go Browns!!!