Originally Posted by PitDAWG
There a few of those type of fans. But I think by and large it's some people not willing to give them a free pass on every decision they make. The hiring of Schwartz was brilliant. The additions they made to the defense have played out well. They found a great kicker! But going into this season with this mess at backup QB was a bone headed move. People can make all the excuses they like for that. Nobody is perfect and this FO is no different. So are you saying the Jet's did a good job in handling their backup QB position or are you trying to say both the Jet's and the Browns got it wrong?

You certainly can't replace your starting QB with the same level of QB. But you can have a backup that can compete. And this thing you're saying about having to draft a first round QB? You don't need to make that kind of investment to get a decent backup QB. The Browns let one go for a 6th round pick in 2025. It's okay to admit they made a mistake.

Good post.

I went back to look for some of these "told you so" posters from when Dobbs was traded. None of them were there. Everyone in that thread agreed releasing Dobbs was a good move -- except you -- but not doom and gloom, just the simple notion that we were sacrificing experience and playbook knowledge. Facts.

And then anything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

I'm no longer going to argue with "bone-headed move". I think they've freely admitted that behind closed doors in Berea.

What kills me is the posters that insist this makes our FO "inept" and act like they owe them some "explanation for their stupidity".

"Season ticket holders get swindled yet again."

That stuff gets ridiculous.

This dumb move, at worst, has maybe cost us the Seattle game. No backup was jumping out to 'whip' the Ravens on a moment's notice.

So now we have DTR with seven weeks of psychological rehab since the disaster on Oct 1. If he looks unprepared and we can't generate any offense, this mistake becomes more egregious.

It would just be nice if people would shelve the crystal ball b.s. The FO doesn't have one, and if we were to trust most of the posters', we were destined for disaster since August anyway.

Let's just watch the games