Originally Posted by Floquinho
Letting Joe Burrow play probably wasn’t the most sensible decision to take and I’m not totally comparing his situation to Deshaun Watson but there’re some similarities.

My experience is that organizations with healthier working environments have a better chance to reduce “unlucky” decisions when the pressure to win is demanding.

I talked about this before. You need leaders with good values and strong principles who’s brave enough to look beyond short term results. It’s not easy because a GM/HC and players are living in a result oriented environment where bad results can cost money and jobs, but my experience is that executive leaders like a GM/HC who hold on to sensible values even in stressful situations last longer and in the end can produce better results. (but it’s easier to say than to do…)

From the Browns perspective I lay most of the blame on the owners, a good culture mostly starts at the top and those beneath in the organization often mirror their master.

I think the Browns are turning the culture thing around. I really don't understand the flack the Haslams continue to take. They are largely invisible, are willing to spend, haven't made a coaching or GM change in four years, we dont seem to have any issues signing free agents, and the team is firmly in the playoff hunt. I think the son-in-law can be an issue in the future, but other than that I think they've turned this thing around. I think...think...Berry and Stefanski are mostly respected in the league.

There just don't seem to be a lot of culture issues anymore, imo.