when looking at DTR, again, I have to go back and look at the gameplan. Let's not discount the Steeler's D in that game. They adjusted in the second half and jumped on everything short. Don't think other teams won't do the same. BUT, The gameplan in place protected 3 players on O. Obviously the young QB...But also LT and RT...and really the RT. Getting the ball out quick did 2 things. It made things simpler for DTR, and allowed him to put the game in the hands of his playmakers and not on his own shoulders. And he quick throws meant that Watt and Highsmith would have their pass rush negated a bit. Deeper routes means more time in the pocket for the play to develop meaning more time/chances for Watt to wreck plays. I also point to he final series when Jones played the entire series....he negated Watt and We were able to push the ball a little more. My point being...is that within the confines of the gameplan. DTR played pretty well. Despite the straight numbers. His is definitely one of those where the stats and analytics does not tell the whole story. DTR still has a lot of growth. OBVIOUSLY and both the eyes and the analytics will point some of that out. I, however, did not see anything that wasn't fixable.

I expect this weeks plan will still be similar in one way. Get the ball into the playmakers hands and don't put the game on DTR's shoulders. But each gameplan has been entirely different from game to game. More so this year than any we have seen thus far from the Browns. Do they push the ball more...possibly...with the suspension upheld for the Denver Safety...and the Denver D as a whole is just barely ahead of Myles Garretts on sacks...so they are not really known for sacking the QB. Meaning we may be able to give DTR more options. What they are known for is turnovers. Expect a gameplan that opens up "a little"....especially if Jones plays the whole game.

JMO