Originally Posted by mgh888
Thankfully I didn't see the game as I am travelling overseas and did watch the first half on ESPN gamecast whenever I could log in

What stood out on the stat line while checking espn and then seeing the final score is that we were runnung the ball less than we passed the ball. We had success running the ball and we didn't have success passing but we still run the ball less than we passed the ball. We got within 2 and kept passing.

It's an example of why I have continued to be suspicious of Stefanski as a play caller. I didn't see the drops. Didn't see the defense or other factors.... Reading that the team was flat and looked less well prepared than last week is another concern.

But onwards and upwards. If it's DTR or Flacco, I don't care. Whoever gives us the best chance to win.

People forget that this game (if not for the 2 pt conversion drop by Cooper) would have been tied 14-14 with 6 minutes to go in the third quarter. I, too, would have liked Stefnaski to run the ball more early in the game but it is not the reason for the loss. I think we all expected the offense to more or less struggle (relatively speaking) because we have been playing backups most of the year. However, the defense equally matched the struggling yesterday. They played poorly as a unit (perhaps to do with both coaching and playing) outside of JOK who had a nice game. That, and we turned the ball over and were called for far too many defensive pentaties that gave them great field position at times.