Originally Posted by steve0255
Originally Posted by mgh888
j/c
I wanted Njoku to work out so badly when we drafted him. There was so much potential. But as the stats over 7 years will show - that potential has never been realized over an extended period. He's had games in most seasons that made you sit up and take notice but then the same issues return.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/player/david-njoku-26174/career-stats

Just be glad we didn't sign Darren Waller - I was shocked to see he is the highest paid TE in the NFL.

Unfortunately, the Browns are stuck with Njoku due to Berry playing fast and loose with every player's contract by prorating salaries. I suppose the Browns could take the 19.015M Dead Money hit next year or the 11.438M Dead Money hit in 2025 but Berry's never been the type of GM to admit he was wrong. Heck, he still has the problem of the $14,581,352 guaranteed salary next year to the worst rated LT in the NFL in Wills. We've only been waiting for 4 years for Wills to live up to expectations. Unfortunately, it would cost $15,953,409 in Dead Money to get out of that ridiculous exercise of the 5th year option. I can only suppose that since Berry has given Njoku 7 years to date, we could be looking at another 3-4 years of Wills stinking up the joint too. Must be nice to have the ability to spend 35M on a continued failing experiment with these two.

It's just my opinion, but if the Browns and Stefanski are not going to use the TE position like teams do with a Kelce, Hockenson, LaPorte, or Kittle; then the Browns shouldn't be paying their TE like they are doing it. Certainly, all that wasted money could be used better somewhere else on the Browns to bolster the team - maybe? I'd bet Cooper would be ecstatic to have a threat at the #2 WR position so he wouldn't be doubled every passing play. Or how our DB's would feel knowing they had LB's in front of them that could not only stop the run but shutdown the middle in the passing game like SFO and BAL linebackers do.

Lolz. We're "stuck" with him. Freezing cold take after freezing cold take.

Njoku is...

2nd overall in snaps for a TE.
4th overall in receptions to a TE.
3rd in overall targets to a TE.
6th in overall yards to a TE.
Tied for 3rd in TE touchdowns.
Tied for 3rd with receptions over 20 yards.