Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
This isn't meant to say Watson is better than Flacco or worse. Just food for thought when posters imply that he was only playing for money.

I don't actually believe that has anything to do with the discussion at hand. The debate from my understanding is whether he came here and because he wants to be here or if the decision was based on the money. Since he turned the Browns down until they backed up the Brinks truck I think the answer to that is abundantly clear.

He was certainly playing well before his injury and it looks as if he can play well on his return. A players desire to play well can be based on different reasons or a combination of reasons. Watson is 28 and only has three years left on his contract. It would most certainly serve his self interest to play well and hopefully set himself up for another high paying long term contract. He's plenty young enough for that. So it may very well be that money is the overriding factor in his drive and determination to play well.

These guys are playing for their financial well being and to attain generational wealth. I for one don't blame them. I will not however pretend there are things higher on their priority list than that.