My take;

This loss lays at the feet of Flacco and the defense. They’re both a large part of why we got to the playoffs in the first place of course. But if you didn’t already know you learned today that they’re both major boom/ bust forces. Both had been booming but you had to know this potential was there.

Flacco is a slinger. If you were playing against him you’d be looking to force mistakes, and they did that very well. Those two pick 6’s meant way more than the points alone. They were spirit killers. I don’t think Ski called a terrible game. It just got away from us. It was very much a comeback potential game right up until the picks.

Swartz is a river boat gambler. He puts players in super aggressive positions but leaves open the big play potential. Usually the big play can’t develop if the QB is running for his life. It was alarming that we couldn’t get penetration but it seemed to me they were overloading the OL with TE’s and backs blocking on most plays. It was a gamble on their part but it payed off. CJ had lots of time and the running game had holes. The receivers could get behind single, man coverage and CJ had the arm to deliver.

Our offense will be very different next year. But the D is going to have to have a big think. It’s fun to have a splashy defense but good teams can game it.

All that said, I think the Texans might be looking at a deep run. I see them as stringer than any team in the AFC other than the Ravens after this one. CJs the real deal.