I wrote what I thought was a good post on this topic and damn didn't I somehow delete it.

The hiring of the new OC is a big deal. AVP and Mitchell were let go because the offense is going to change.

IMO KS gave this past season a look with DW and the current staff. He came to the conclusion the scheme has to change.

DW does not play like Baker, Jacoby, or Flacco. DTR and PJ don't count.

DW should be and will be involved in the OC search. This is an investment in the team and DW. DW is an athlete. He is accurate. But he is not accurate in the way Flacco is. DW relies upon his mobility. He prefers shotgun. He likes to see the defense at all times and react to what he sees. He is not comfortable under center and turning his back to the defense in play action.

AVP and Mitchell are guys who know the under center, play action offense. We ran a version of the WCO. Using mostly 12 and 13 personnel. When you have Nick and QB's like Baker, Jacoby and Flacco it is a scheme that fits.

When you watch the offense McDaniels runs in Miami. It is a fast paced offense that attacks the short to mid range area. Using 3 step drops, motion, and timed routes. The ball comes out quick. Lots of movement and rub routes.

That also is not a good scheme for DW either.

IMO we will go to motion and shotgun with 11 personnel and a pass catching TE (Njoku). These changes also mean the blocking assignments and run game changes. That is why the changes in coaches.

I think in the end it will look more like the Rams offense.

We will become a pass based offense. The running game will come out of shotgun. We will use way more motion. And we will have to add a true number two receiver. But we will use empty and at times have 4 receivers.

This will be a big change. Change is often comes with resistance so it will need to be implemented correctly. It may take some trial and error.

This is a change that IMO had to happen. DW is the investment. It has to be his offense. In addition the organization needs to find out if DW is who they thought he was.
This will be year three. How this year goes will spell the future. Next year the team will have a first round pick. DTR was a developmental pick. Next year if things sour. The first round will be in question.

I am optimistic about how DW will play. That is because I hate thinking about what will happen if he plays poorly. This hiring of a new OC is extremely important.
He really has to be the right guy for the job. I think KS would like to evolve into an overseer role. Play calling will depend on who the OC is. KS would have to feel good about the OC taking on that responsibility.