Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by Floquinho
From my POV this could have been handled differently if Berry had lowered the expectations, admitting that so far this trade (Watson) has been a disappointment because of the suspension and a season ending injury. Nobody is going to put blame on the organization, the GM and our HC if we admit that the circumstances hasn’t been totally optimal. There’s no direct criticism against our franchise QB either when Berry only explaining his and the organizations disappointment.

Sometimes it’s a good thing to be brutal honest and use that honesty to your own favor. Without blaming somebody he lower the expectations and take the pressure off the HC and his coaches. Nobody is blaming Watson either for the injury so it’s a win and win statement. If Berry really want to get everyone onboard he first tell Watson about what he’s going to say in his end of the season presser so their will be no surprise and viewed as a blame game.

I honestly (and to be fair, I've heard others say things like this before), have no idea what would be gained by this.

Do you actually believe this would lower people's' expectations?

Could not agree more. This would be a PR disaster. Not to mention how the obvious perception is that it's a meek CYA position and would be throwing DW under the bus. His agent would be on the phone immediately with the Browns FO and ownership.

This would be part 2.0 of....