I can’t really debate with you P. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. My problems with the Democrats are pretty much the same problem I’ve always had with them. Where they really screwed up was pre-anointing Hillary in 2016.

That being said, I don’t think the Biden administration has been as bad as a lot of the critics have made it out to be. Yes, the guy is definitely losing it, but the passage of the infrastructure bill, the way he’s handled Ukraine (or at least tried to with the MAGA opposition getting in the way), among other things I think have worked out well. Now a lot of the critiques he’s received, including a lot of the stuff said about him on this board, is most assuredly warranted.

Now, why I rail on the current Republicans (of which I used to be a part of) more than the Dems is that they have simply become a laughing stock. Everything that has gone on in the House since the 2022 election is so unconscionable that it’s almost laughable. Moreover, they can’t even get out of their own way, the spite is so palpable. I think if they put up someone like Haley, she would actually win the general election, but the far right is so hell bent on cutting their noses off to spite their faces that it will never happen. Rational voices who still consider themselves part of the group have either been ousted or willfully stay silent, if they don’t pull a full on JD Vance and kiss the ring.

I agree, shame on us.