As many of you may know I’m a nurse, but I’m also an artist. I’ve been a nurse for 27 years, an artist my entire 51 year life. Over the past handful of years my art has started being financially lucrative. Last year was crazy from that standpoint. I never could have imagined my creativity being so profitable. I’m blessed.

Well, two weeks ago I was laid off from my job as a nurse. Due to INCREDIBLY poor management I was let go related to ‘lack of census’… aka not enough clients under our care. I’ve been watching that slow train rolling down the tracks towards me for some time. I just bided my time and socked away money… the train hit. Honestly, it was the proverbial bandaide being ripped off for me. The push off the cliff I’ve been standing on the precipice of for a year or so.
So… I’m taking my severance pay and opening a new door. I’m making a run at my art career full time. It’s scary as hell but I believe the cosmos/God has plans for me. Ones I may have been too scared to attempt without that bandaide being ripped off for me.

My buddy I create with and I regularly get chosen as a top 3 or 4 artist chosen to make a presentation to get a gig that we, and hundreds of other artists, have applied for. We’re in the running for a gig in Orange County, top three. So a 33.4% chance of landing that gig. We were recently top 4 for a gig in Colorado… we did our presentation on Friday… we were unanimously chosen. Getting that gig. A gig that will pay me my entire year’s nursing salary with just a couple months of hard work. I’m blessed. I’m eternally humbled that my lifetime of sharing my creativity has culminated in the place I find myself today.
Life in the arts is no guarantee but I wholeheartedly believe that I wasn’t put on this earth to not be an artist. So I’m taking the leap of faith.

I wish I could share with you all what I do, but sadly in today’s day and age of doxing, and general online stalking and assholery I don’t feel safe sharing.
That said there’s a few here that have seen my work… Pit, FATE as example.

Lastly I want to thank Clem.
Dude, you’ve followed my art career here for years. You’ve seen me go from paper mache and chicken wire to large scale steel creations. You’ve been not only a big cheerleader for me, but also an inspiration. You chased your dream in the arts. A path with no real guideposts, no rails, and no guarantees… I have longed to be brave like you.

I’ve said my entire life, “when I grow up I want to be an artist”. Here I am, 51 years old, dreams can still come true. Wish me luck.