Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by dawglover05
No worries on the misquote. I’ll just say he’s gotten to the point of building so many “bricks” that sticking up for one of them almost doesn’t even make sense. On top of that, I don’t even think the “brick” being discussed was one to defend.

This is where I'm at. I don't understand the effort being put forward to go to bat for a guy like Tucker Carlson.
Effort being put forward to go to bat for Tucker?? Where in the world have you seen this? In this thread??

Ok fine, you successfully argued against the one brick... isn't this a textbook example of not seeing the forest for the trees?
No, not even close, not by any stretch. Did someone endorse the wall and use the brick as an example? Absolutely not. That would be the only way your statement makes sense. You're actually taking an age-old expression and turning it inside-out.

The guy used the argument that what he had said on Fox was for entertainment purposes and no reasonable person would take what he said at face value... and that was back when he was on cable TV.
This really has nothing to do with the conversation. I won't put any effort toward defending it, regardless of the fact it's been 'parroted' down to being misleading.

IIRC, this "brick" we've been talking about is where Tucker was talking about how true leaders have to kill people.
Not at all. The brick is about someone stating the author of an article was taking things out of context, by saying that Tucker was condoning Putin's bad actions by making a vague statement about the history of world leaders.

The argument is that this was taken out of context (?), and yet here we are a couple weeks later and Putin's main political opponent has died in prison under suspicious circumstances.
Yes. And apples are a healthy snack choice while orange is the color of my favorite team. In other words, the two have nothing to do with each other. I'm not even sure how you think they do.