Originally Posted by FATE
Weird, because she's only really in the news when there's an election taking place.

She's like the 'baby daddy' who always shows up in mid-February to make amends. No one really understands until they stop and give it some thought. They all think it's just Valentine's Day.

Maybe it's me, but I haven't gotten that impression. It may take a back burner to other things that the news seizes to be more important on the day-to-day, but the one very consistent thing, going back years now into the last administration, is the rhetoric concerning Russia (and Ukraine) from the previous admin and all those who are tied to him is very concerning. Whether that's siding with Russia over the NSA, Carlson (as we've talked about ad nauseum), Vance's misinformation, comments on NATO, digging dirt on Hillary, defending Putin to Bill O'Reilly, those with concerning ties who were closely affiliated with the administration (Manafort, Flynn, et al), Trump Jr. going out of his way to disparage Zelensky (which seems completely insane to me), etc etc etc.

On top of all that, I fall back to my original comment, which ties into Trump defending Putin in front of O'Reilly...watch him when he talks about Putin. It's baffling to me. This is a guy who has gone to great lengths to personally disparage those who are closely tied to him (Rubio, Cruz, DeSantis, etc) but when it comes to Putin, never once have I seen Trump walk on egg shells the way he does when Putin is the subject. It's not just during election years, it is literally every time the subject comes up at any point going back to the start of his own administration. The cronies seem to follow suit.