It's not stunning at all.

Honestly, I was kind of assuming they would come back with DTR as the primary backup. It all depended on how much a backup would be.

Flacco did all you could ask for from a backup and plus some. A few of us have echoed this for some time, besides age, possible price tag, one of things is the media and fans. Just look at during the season last year, we were winning games and media/fans wanted to fire Stef, talking about trading or releasing Watson, then the whole Flacco love story. So weird.

Anyways, signing Winston is a solid signing. He is pretty much what you want in a backup QB. He was a starter, been around the league for quite a few years. Loves the deep ball and has an arm to throw it. He can come in and you still have a chance to win some games. Let's be honest, if you are playing your backup QB for an extended period of time; your chances are significantly lower to win games (especially in the AFC).

One of the things I like is the same reason I liked watching Flacco play for us. He is a wildcard. The dude might throw a bad int or two, however the dude can wow you with a big-time throw. I would rather know we have a chance in a game then knowing our offense will be throwing 10 or less yard passes all game.