He certainly has the wheels. Wow! I don't know much about rugby or why you kick the ball to yourself, but he showed plenty of athletic ability and instinct tracking balls in that manner. And damn, that's when you really saw the speed.

These kind of picks are always intriguing, they're also the most likely to bust. I'm in favor of any pick after round 5 being a "speculation" type pick, and this is where he fits... right now.

This is a much longer article about the young man. It was published in January and said he was 22... so he just turned 23. It also stated his weight at 192, I'm suspecting he'll want to be about 210 and should have no trouble being there. I picked this part because it talks about the International Player Pathway (IPP) program. This program started in 2017 and gives clubs a much better look under the hood than we've had in the past.

The process
To give himself the best chance of getting into the league, Rees-Zammit has signed up to the International Player Pathway (IPP) program. This scheme was set up in 2017 with the aim of giving elite overseas athletes a chance to make it to the NFL.

“As we focus on the global growth of the game, expanding international talent within the NFL is critical,” Peter O’Reilly, the NFL’s international executive vice president said in a statement issued Thursday.

“The 2024 program participants are an elite, diverse group of athletes and we look forward to following their journeys in the months ahead.”

The players on the IPP head to Bradenton, Florida, in January to take part in a 10-week “intensive training camp” at the IMG Academy. In March, the players are then given a chance to demonstrate their skills to a variety of NFL scouts before the 2024 draft.

Rees-Zammit, who is six-foot-three and weighs 192 pounds, will then hope he has done enough to make it onto an NFL roster ahead of the 2024 season.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/21/sport/louis-rees-zammit-rugby-nfl-spt-intl/index.html