Great thread! And a good excuse for myself, a long time lurker on this site, to tell my own story.
Originally from Southampton England, now long time resident in Ireland, I was captivated by the Browns at a time when the NFL coverage burgeoned in the UK in the mid-eighties.
At a time when a sea change to the passing oriented game was emerging for me Byner and Mack cutting up mud on their way to 1000 yds each was a big reason. And Kosar has a place on my sporting Mt Rushmore (along with Mick Channon, Robin Smith and Malcolm Marshall, another story).
Roll on 35 years, and in need of some respite and a post covid bounce, my Irish wife encouraged me on a pilgrimage which resulted in a first visit to Cleveland for the Bengals Halloween game in 22. And subsequently a further trip for the Tennessee game this season (100% win rate I might add!).
Likely now to be an annual pilgrimage now there are direct flight from Dublin, hope you don’t mind but Cleveland has become my adopted US city, I know I’ll always be a ‘blow-in’ but there is no better place for sporting passion, and football especially.