My mom was born and raised in Maple Hts. My dad born and raised in Bedford. My dad joined the navy when he was nineteen and a few years later I came along in Virgina. We settled in Georgia when I was eight years old, and I ended up going all the way through high school there. Somewhat unusual for a military brat, but a great blessing. I am still close with guys I knew from the second grade. We get together every year.

My dad wasn't into sports but my maternal grandfather was a diehard Cleveland sports fan. My mom was an only child and my parents shipped my sister and I back to Maple Hts every summer to spend with our grandparents until I reached high school. It was the greatest gift I've ever received. Not only did I have a very special relationship with my grandparents, I had a huge extended family of cousins that I got to know and grow up with - my mom's cousins and their kids. We have a text chain open every Sunday for every Browns game to this day. I would have never gotten to know them if we didn't have those summers back in Ohio.

I think my grandfather made it his mission to make sure I was a Browns fan. He would take me to training camp and that's really where I became hooked. When I was 11 or 12 years old Bernie Kosar signed a card for me at training camp. Greatest day of my life up until that point. I became emotionally hooked. I used to get the Browns Digest (I think that's what it was called) every week in Georgia. It was the highlight of my week. Could not wait for that to come in the mail. I would say of all the loves in my life, it goes family, friends, Browns, and I may switch those last two. I feel the Browns are an emotional connection to my family and childhood.

When I got to college, we found a Hooters bar in Gwinnett, GA (bonefish will probably know what i am talking about) that was a Browns backers bar. Went every Sunday with this kid I met who was from Cleveland. While I was in college, Bernie got benched, and the Browns moved. I was so distraught after the Browns moved I quit the NFL for 8 years, including the first few when they came back. It wasn't until I was back in Cleveland for Christmas in 2003 that I found that love again. I was at a cousin's house in Strongsville, and the Browns needed to beat the Falcons to make the playoffs. I had no idea. I watched the game, watched run William run, those orange helmets made my heart skip a beat, and I haven't missed a game since. I found this board shortly after that.