Well, that was definitely worth it. Near perfect weather in Warren, Ohio. Never a time when the scant clouds impeded the view. 90% of the two hours, no clouds in front of the sun at all. I was pretty worried up until about 1pm.

Getting close to totality, the scene seemed to drag in a little haze behind it. I was a little concerned at how it may affect the ring of fire, it had no bearing, all was crystal clear. What an amazing experience!

As we got close to totality the temp seemed to drop dramatically. We've got woods right across from our house, it was at this time all the birds began to gather there rather than surrounding us as they were beforehand. Almost like a roll call and a "what the heck is going on guys??" lol Much louder. Then the alarmed voices changed to song as totality set across the horizon.

I expected it to be much darker. Some of these scientists that past week were over the top and way off in that respect.

I ripped my glasses off and my son lost his marbles; "what are you doing??". I told him to take his off and look.. "I'm scared! Are you sure??" 🤣

We were a little freaked out by the red dot at the bottom of the ring. It was pronounced and I had no idea what to think of it. I found this later:

Did you see that red spot during the total solar eclipse? That was the Baily's Beads effect.

The Baily's Beads effect is a phenomenon where sunlight peaks through a valley on the surface of the moon.

During Monday's eclipse, you could see a small Baily's Bead at the bottom of the sun around the corona, which is the outermost layer of the sun and what produced the ring of light when the moon passed over it.

That was worth the decades of waiting. thumbsup

My pics look more like a donut in the sky, my wife's are much better:

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

And seriously. How cute is this dawgie?? 🤩