Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
One we see several times on a weekly basis in the NFL.

I disagree with this. You don’t see players blatantly go at a guy's knees very often.

Nick was wearing them out like he does every team. Fitzpatrick made a dirty play and is heralded as a guy who was just playing football. It’s a weird take.

If this was a run of the mill play with it happening multiple times every game every week you’d see more horrific injuries like Chubb’s. You just don’t.

I’ll agree it’s football and definitely an expected outcome just from playing, but it was dirty and definitely not routine.

Yep. It's a play that's not dirty until it's dirty.

He's launching towards a space in hopes to have impact on a play. He's a projectile, not a tackler. It crosses reckless abandon and breeches egregious.

All those that want to just say "that's football" we'll have to agree to disagree.

Especially since this comes from a team that is coached to play this way... They play with reckless abandon, and make dirty, egregious plays all the time in 'and goal' situations. First and goal, your QB drops back? He's not getting sacked, he's having his head removed. Why? Because it's a 1-4 yard penalty at most.

I've watched it for years, would love to see some advanced stats but won't seek them out on my own -- I don't need to.