Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by FATE
make dirty, egregious plays all the time in 'and goal' situations. First and goal, your QB drops back? He's not getting sacked, he's having his head removed. Why? Because it's a 1-4 yard penalty at most.

I agree. Roughing the passer is a dirty play because it's against the rules of the game. Thus the penalty.

Are you following what I'm saying though? I'd rather not argue whether you think the following is true... you can be like "nah" while I'm foaming at the mouth, that part is not important...

Certain teams play a certain way, and are coached to do so when certain situations dictate. In 'and goal' situations, Pittsburgh plays "dirty" (my opinion). I'm not arguing for a flag against Stinkpatrick.

You say it's not "dirty" because it isn't even a play that would be penalized. I can't argue, but I definitely see it different.

I remember when a certain thing became prevalent in the NBA. Defenders would invade the foot space of shooters when they were in the air -- shooter would land on defenders foot and twist their ankle. When it was 'legal', nobody called it dirty. Once it was outlawed, everyone called it dirty. My contention was that it was dirty all along, many people just refused to call it that because it was within the rules.