Originally Posted by Damanshot
"I don't see many people on the right declaring victory. (On the boards)"

You must win in order to declare victory

The facts simply don't support that they win much.

"I see quite a few people on the left posting like it's a done deal. "We will win because virtue is on our side.""

So far, it has been. Ohio, Kansas to name a few. The right fought like hell to get those votes off the ballot. The left won the right to have those votes, and then the won the votes.

AS for the virtue thing, I've never said any thing like that. I don't remember anyone having said that. But maybe they have and I missed it. That's possible.

For me it comes down to common sense. People don't like it when you take things away from them. Things they've counted on for 50 years. You do that and you will pay a price

Nothing to do with Virtue. It's just being right!

mac brought up the right declaring victory. BuckDawg1946 brought up virtue.

Is it being right or believing you're right? There's a difference between the two. It's much easier to think the latter than to be the former. It also depends on how one defines "right." It can be a matter of perspective.

It does feel a bit like we're talking about different things. You're talking about specific measure (abortion) votes. I was more referring to the upcoming elections as far as offices. It can be hard to keep track of who is talking about what.