Originally Posted by FATE
[quote=Rishuz][quote=PitDAWG]
Especially since this comes from a team that is coached to play this way... They play with reckless abandon, and make dirty, egregious plays all the time in 'and goal' situations..

I have zero data to back this up (lazy) but I’ve been watching Browns/Steelers for 45yrs, watching Browns/Ravens for 25yrs, it’s always nagging at me when they play that we’re just much more likely to have catastrophic injuries during those games. Especially the Steelers. They play right up to what they can get away with and cause an injury. They choose players that are naturals that way. Harrison, Ward, Farrior, Polamalu, etc. I’m not saying Fitzpatrick was coached on that specific play to dive at his knees but perhaps a murmur among among the D and coaches during the week that when he’s barreling at you, you do what you need to do. It’d be a real shame if they lost their best player at a key moment, just sayin’. If it costs 15 yards, hey that’s football.
If we’re being honest, I wish we returned the favor most years. Just send an NHL style message to think hard before opening that can. Apart from Garret’s little helmet fitting assist, I feel like we play the Millhouse to their Nelson most years.