Thread Like Summary
dawglover05, mgh888, OldColdDawg, PitDAWG
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1869025 06/29/2021 12:21 AM
by OldColdDawg
OldColdDawg
Documents Show Ivanka Trump Didn’t Testify Accurately in Inauguration Scandal Case

Let our journalists help you make sense of the noise: Subscribe to the Mother Jones Daily newsletter and get a recap of news that matters.
The Trump family has trouble with depositions. In 2007 testimony, Donald Trump was repeatedly shown to be a liar. In February, Donald Trump Jr. was deposed in the Trump inauguration scandal lawsuit, and on several key points, under oath, he provided false testimony. A review of documents filed in that case and other material obtained by Mother Jones shows that Ivanka Trump also testified inaccurately during her deposition in this lawsuit.

The inauguration probe was launched last year by Karl Racine, the attorney general of Washington, DC. He has alleged that Trump’s inauguration committee misused charitable funds to enrich the Trump family. As Racine put it, the lawsuit maintains “that the Inaugural Committee, a nonprofit corporation, coordinated with the Trump family to grossly overpay for event space in the Trump International Hotel… The Committee also improperly used non-profit funds to throw a private party [at the Trump Hotel] for the Trump family costing several hundred thousand dollars.” In short, the attorney general accused the Trump gang of major grifting, and he is seeking to recover the money paid to the Trump Hotel so those funds can be used for real charitable purposes.

During a December 1 deposition—in which she swore to tell the truth—Ivanka Trump, the eldest daughter of Donald Trump who was an executive at the Trump Organization before becoming a White House adviser to her father, was asked if she had any “involvement in the process of planning the inauguration.” She replied, “I really didn’t have an involvement.” Ivanka testified that if her “opinion was solicited” regarding an inauguration event, she “would give feedback to my father or to anyone who asked my perspective or opinion.” And that was as far as her participation went.

But this wasn’t accurate, according to the documents, which indicate she was part of the decision-making for various aspects of the inauguration, including even the menus for events.

One email chain shows that Ivanka Trump was directly involved in the planning of at least one proposed event for the inauguration. On November 29, 2016, Rick Gates, then the deputy chairman of the Presidential Inauguration Committee (known as the PIC), emailed her the current schedule of inauguration events. He noted that Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, a lead producer working with the PIC, “is going to call you to discuss some additional ideas she has about some other events that we would like to see if you would be willing to do based on our meetings.” Ivanka replied to Gates and Winston Wolkoff, “Great. I am looping in my assistant Suzie who can coordinate a time for us to connect.”

A few days later, Winston Wolkoff sent a long “Dear Ivanka and Jared” email to Ivanka Trump and her husband. She thanked them for “our meeting yesterday” and presented them with a “high-level summary” of the inauguration plans “for your review.” This was a detailed report on the assorted events and themes being created for Trump’s inauguration. The “overarching strategic objective,” she reported, was “reinforcing” the theme “With the People: Making America Great.” She laid out “key” messages, including “Our greatest strength is our people” and “Americans deserve to be heard, and their government needs to listen.” She noted that in their recent meeting, she and Ivanka Trump had discussed how to include Donald Trump’s “constituency” in the events, and Winston Wolkoff referred to proposals for doing so. This included inviting “families from all 50 states to attend official functions” and provide them “Airfare. Accommodations. Hair & makeup.”

In this email, Winston Wolkoff also asked Ivanka to confirm that she would host a “Women’s Entrepreneurs Reception/Dinner” as part of the inauguration. “Please let me know who…you would like invited,” she added. And she asked whether Ivanka Trump would prefer for the event to be hosted at the National Museum of African American History or the National Gallery of Art. Winston Wolkoff also attached to the email the communications strategy for the inauguration, the proposed event schedule, and a list of the “100 most influential women in Business, Philanthropy, Fashion, Politics and Finance.” She ended the note saying she would “follow up” with them “at TT”—a reference to Trump Tower.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/202...n-scandal-case/
Liked Replies
by OldColdDawg
OldColdDawg
1 member likes this
by WooferDawg
WooferDawg
I don't think that you can claim that a golf course in Westchester NY has a value of 1M for taxation, and 30M as an asset. The gap is simply too large to pass the sniff test.

That is the core of the dispute. I could see something in the shaving the percentages, which is common, but this is over the top laughable.
1 member likes this
by mgh888
mgh888
Oh you will just love it even more when the legions of Trump supporters who chanted "lock her up" will give Trump a 100% pass on this.
1 member likes this
by bonefish
bonefish
When you look at the big picture of all the legal issues with trump and his family.

It is like a mob boss. Everything he touches is some kind of criminal enterprise.

He builds walls to hide behind. Tax fraud. Seized papers. Flushed records. Hidden logs of visitors.

Quid pro quo. False evaluations of properties. Accounting records. Weisselberg behind bars. Georgia pressured to find votes.

Jan 6th inciting a riot to keep power.

He should be on a "Wanted Poster" in every post office.
1 member likes this
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
1 member likes this
by PortlandDawg
PortlandDawg
He’s a world class grifter. His followers are marks. They just don’t realize it.
1 member likes this