Thread Like Summary
FATE
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1885653 09/20/2021 6:52 PM
by FATE
FATE
... or one can only assume. Paramedics at scene would only say "let's just say there's a good chance alcohol may have played a role in this accident".

We (my wife and I, MIL, FIL) were returning from a concert about an hour north of Fort Wayne when we were met with headlights in our lane after a small curve. Pops was driving and was faced with this (dashcam still shot):

With both vehicles going over 50... in other words, less than a second to react. Somehow he avoided a head-on collision and saved our lives.

Scary stuff. I removed my seat belt off seconds before the crash as I had dropped my phone and couldn't reach it... sat back up to see the other car going left of center. Bounced around like a pinball as the van spun and then started flipping. All transported to hospital (precautionary) no broken bones. Mom is on a heart monitor as her heart rate was very low (probably just shock, she's doing well) and we're all pretty beat up, me more than the others. I've spent the last two days waking up feeling like I survived a bout with Mike Tyson. saywhat

LOOKING FOR A LITTLE HELP... AVI file from dash cam is corrupt. It freezes about ten seconds before crash. The only way to view the actual crash is to start video at a point past where it freezes. I've downloaded several AVI editors and they either don't work with Windows 7 or immediately just see the file as corrupted and won't play anything. Rather than trying to explain what to do to insurance company and sheriff, I would like to be able to cut it up and exclude video from before it freezes. Video is 1.5GB and two thirds is meaningless anyway. Thought maybe someone here may have a recommendation.

Anyway. Count your blessings, tomorrow is never promised!
Liked Replies
#1903486 Nov 16th a 02:34 AM
by jfanent
jfanent
Wow. You'd think a news channel would love this story.
1 member likes this