Thread Like Summary
3rd_and_20, FATE, GMdawg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1904609 11/21/2021 5:45 AM
by BuckDawg1946
BuckDawg1946
Curious as to when the literature comes out, that debunks anthropogenic climate change?

Fox News has made it a priority to downplay science for decades. Between a global pandemic, and anthropogenic climate change, you represent the absolute worst of tUSA. Fox news clings to oil, coal and the south.

Waving a flag and a gun does not make you an American.
Liked Replies
#1908085 Dec 3rd a 07:32 PM
by mgh888
mgh888
I've been supplying cheap natural gas for years ... wifey is always complaining about that.
2 members like this
#1904622 Nov 21st a 02:04 PM
by jfanent
jfanent
Yep. They should just report unbiased facts, correctly interpret study findings and not slant poll questions like the rest of mainstream media does.
1 member likes this
#1908200 Dec 4th a 07:31 PM
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
Cost of solar panels over time: a tale of falling prices

Over a decade ago, in 2009, the cost of a solar panel installation was $8.50 per watt. The solar industry today looks very different: in addition to solar panel efficiency increasing dramatically, solar panel producers have significantly improved their manufacturing processes. Solar installers, too, can deploy solar PV across the United States more efficiently now than they could ten years ago. The result: the price of solar has fallen dramatically, to just $2.81/watt.

The price decreases over the past ten years are a major reason why homeowners are increasingly interested in installing solar panels.

Changes in solar panel cost over time can be explained by Swanson’s Law, which states that the price of solar PV modules decreases by about 20 percent for every doubling in global solar capacity. The law is named after Richard Swanson, founder of high-efficiency solar panel manufacturer SunPower, and indicate a phenomenon seen across many different technologies: new industries face a major learning curve, and as they improve, prices fall.

In this way, solar panel manufacturers aren’t that different from computer manufacturers. Think about how much more expensive, and less powerful, your laptop was in 2009 compared to the technology that’s available today. If solar PV technology continues along the same trend, it’s easy to envision a future where solar is on every rooftop.

https://news.energysage.com/solar-panel-efficiency-cost-over-time/

I certainly agree with you in terms of the limited amount of people who can afford it. But as with other technologies, the more popular and mass produced they become, the more the cost will come down making it more affordable to more consumers.

There's much more to the article in the link but I only quoted the parts I thought were pertinent in terms of them becoming more cost effective.
1 member likes this
#1908217 Dec 4th a 10:15 PM
by archbolddawg
archbolddawg
He's looking at almost a 21 year break even point (minus the tax credits, of course, so perhaps a 15 year break even point?)

Doesn't change the fact that he still HAS to be hooked up to the grid.

A good number of years ago I looked int wind power. At the time, it was $50,000 up front. I would've gotten some $20,000 in tax credits over a period of years.

I was iffy, but leaning that way, until I was told "the turbine will require a rebuild every 3-5 years, at a cost of $5,000, to $7,000.

Needless to say, at the time, there was a negative payback period. Meaning it would cost me more than paying the electric bill. A lot more.
1 member likes this
#1908279 Dec 5th a 05:45 PM
by GMdawg
GMdawg
Everybody has to consider the upfront cost since most folks can't afford the up front cost. Not to mention not one of us is guaranteed to be alive next week let alone 20 years from now. BTW I would be glad wiht coal. I can sell it to a couple friends I have who still heat their homes with coal stoves. thumbsup
1 member likes this