Thread Like Summary
PitDAWG, Steubenvillian, SuperBrown, TrooperDawg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1905727 11/24/2021 1:24 AM
by lampdogg
lampdogg
This is a monumental challenge, and if we get Hunt and Conklin back in the lineup it might be the difference between winning and losing.

Hance has struggled at pass pro (he's far better as an interior lineman, anyway) so we need Conk, and Hunt is the type of player whose versatility and talent can make a big impact.

Their D is going to concentrate on stopping the run, we must counter by getting the pass game going early. Quick hitters, bubble screens, effective play action, whatever it takes to force them not to sell out for the run.

We all know this, but we have to stretch the field and loosen up their D with successful deeper passes.

I'd play J'Marcus Bradley this week and sit Schwartz, especially if DPJ can't go (and even if he can). Bradley flashed a little last week and I think he's earned some PT.
Not knocking Schwartz but he is a rookie WR, and they often struggle their first season in the NFL. He looks really small out there.

On D, it's no secret that the best way to stop Balt. is to contain Lamar in the pocket. Their WRs I don't think are very good and we can cover, so limit Lamar breaking off huge chunks along the ground. When he does, make him pay. It's really that simple!!!! wink

Oh and cut down on the pre-snap, mental lapses that turn into penalties, it's getting to be excruciating.

This isn't do-or-die, but it's close enough. We need this one to maintain a realistic chance at the division title.
Liked Replies
#1905814 Nov 24th a 04:04 PM
by Hammer
Hammer
Watch the Miami tape. Rinse and repeat...
2 members like this
#1905836 Nov 24th a 05:23 PM
by Bard Dawg
Bard Dawg
JOK should be in his pocket as a hunter/seeker. Clowney and MG need to play hungry (hungrier) and be agents of chaos. I see it as their game to lose if we break Lamar. I have said before, I think his nut can be cracked if we get to him like Woods hasn't or won't. But I believe he can be upset enough early on with pressure like the Fish (?) did. But if they start all the parading around and showboating crap, they can just spiral away with the game. Need to get off the field, defense, and drive to points. He is dangerous.

Also, this game and this stretch should be dedicated to the memory of Ravenkiller. Need ya, man. Hoist one to him if you think of it, dawgs. I am sure he will be game-ready; wish he could cal some defense **chuckles**

Unleash the Elves!
2 members like this
#1905860 Nov 24th a 07:25 PM
by Hammer
Hammer
It worked for Miami, didn't it.

86 Defense. Totally confused Lamar. Could not deal with it.

Having said that, Miami's team speed on defense was very noticeable, they tackled extremely well, and they maintained gap integrity very well. Browns D would have to do same and to date, they have not exhibited any of those traits.
1 member likes this