Thread Like Summary
OrangeCrush
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1917126 01/04/2022 3:06 PM
by OrangeCrush
OrangeCrush
Some background info to this post: My wife and I were blessed with healthy twin babies last year. Those 2, along with our 2-year-old son, keep us very busy. It can be exhausting at times, but we are doing well.

The twins are getting to the stage were they are starting to sleep through the night, and we are planning to transition them to their own room soon. Because of this, I told my wife that when they finally move out, we are getting a new mattress, sheets, covers, etc. to replace our current ones that have been abused with milk, spit-up, and all other kinds of baby mishaps rofl

My question to the board is what kind of mattress should we get? I want to try memory-foam, but I like being cool when I sleep, and I heard some of those can retain heat. Does anyone have experience or recommendations for brands?

2nd question: With Covid and being busy with twins, we haven't really done anything for our anniversary the last 2 years. This year, we want to do something big, because we need it after all we've gone through the last year. Our anniversary is is November, so we have some time. Usually, we are ones to take an active vacation (we've hiked the Inca Trail in Peru, hiked/kayaked/bicycled in New Zealand), but for this trip, we just want to relax on a beach with some drinks. I'm thinking some sort of all inclusive resort in the Caribbean.

Does anyone have any recommendations for that? Where to go? How long to stay? When to book?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
Liked Replies
#1918055 Jan 7th a 08:46 PM
by MrKelso
MrKelso
First of all, congrats on the twins.

My wife and I also had twins last year, they'll be 10-months here in a little over a week. (Both boys).

I can't help with your mattress question BUT I can suggest a vacation getaway.

Destin FL is wonderful, especially during the off-season.

My wife and I needed an affordable honeymoon (as we had to pay for it ourselves) and Destin was excellent.

We went in October so nothing was overly crowded and the weather was still nice enough to lounge around by the pools.

You can find a lot of nice beach front properties at an affordable price, especially if you're looking in November.

If you've never done downtown Indy, that can be fun just for a quick weekend getaway.

Tons of nice hotels, restaurants and bars if you're the type that can make a weekend out of just eating/drinking.

Good luck!
1 member likes this