Thread Like Summary
FATE, guard dawg, Hoodly, mac, mgh888, SuperBrown
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1943114 05/03/2022 9:36 PM
by Versatile Dog
Versatile Dog
We all had our draft favorites and now that we know which teams these guys ended up with, it's time for predicting the Offensive and Defensive Rookies of the Year.

Offense: I'm going w/Garrett Wilson. I have big questions about his qb, but the Jets say they have no questions about him. I do know that Wilson is the most complete receiver in the draft. He can make contested catches, but he also gets so wide open so he doesn't have to rely on that as often as a guy like London. He's way more physical than his frame would suggest. He throws guys around at times. He is so acrobatic. I think the Jets will get him the ball a lot. I mean a lot. I see a Justin Jefferson type of year for Wilson.

Defense: I am going to go with Kyle Hamilton. I thought this guy was excellent in college. While his 40 speed wasn't great, I didn't see anyone cover more ground in college than Hamilton did. He's all over the place. You can move him around. Deep, intermediate, in the box, etc. He also seems very smart. He will be a day one starter and I think he has the opportunity to make a ton of eye-catching plays.
Liked Replies
#1943115 May 3rd a 09:40 PM
by SuperBrown
SuperBrown
How ridiculous it is to have this thread out so early.
2 members like this
#1943136 May 3rd a 11:30 PM
by Versatile Dog
Versatile Dog
Some may have missed this.
..it's time for predicting the Offensive and Defensive Rookies of the Year.

Kinda hard to make a prediction after you have watched them play. Not sure I understand the need to knock the thread. If you are not interested, just ignore it.
2 members like this
#1943134 May 3rd a 11:19 PM
by mac
mac
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
How ridiculous it is to have this thread out so early.

super...yea, seems to me we might want to see how these guys play at least half a season before we even think about "speculating" on who might be the RoY for 2022. A waste of time to put any thought into this subject, imo.
1 member likes this
#1943515 May 6th a 01:51 PM
by eotab
eotab
A lot of the results of rookie of the year depends on the TEAM of which the rookie lands on. I thought it was weird the PRO FOOTBAL WRITERS Rookie of the year award in 2018 on O went to Barkley the weird part is the combined O & D rookie of the year in 2018 was Baker Mayfield.
1 member likes this