Thread Like Summary
FATE, PitDAWG, PortlandDawg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1947111 05/26/2022 5:55 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
My favorite show.

Every season it has been on. I am glued.

Damn I wish it was a show when I was under 50. I would have loved the challenge. If I was given enough time to research the area and prepare myself. Hell yes.

Alone is by far the best of "survival shows." They have to film themselves and I love where the shows have been located.

It is fascinating to watch how the people handle the isolation. You need strong survival skills for sure. But from watching the show most who succumb; can not handle the "alone" part. Those who can get past that part eventually just break down physically.

The physical breakdown and mental part is what as a viewer is so interesting.

Plus I love northern wilderness. I have spent the best times in my life in Canada, Alaska and the Rockies.

I will be locked in for tonight.
Liked Replies
#1952920 Jun 24th a 07:47 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
So funny because when I wrote that it was precisely what I thought of.

One of the best movies ever.

1 member likes this
#1955457 Jul 6th a 09:05 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
Looking forward to this week.

Pablo has the mental toughness but I don't know if he has the skills.

To last now I think you have to get a big kill. Fishing will become very hard and the fish are small. Somebody needs to kill a black bear.

Getting one with a bow will be hard. You have to get close and make a kill shot. Black bears are smart. Their sense of smell is like five times that of a bloodhound.

A tree stand and baiting would give you the best chance. Walking around will not cut it.

Beaver is a good target because you can snare them.

It is going to get very interesting as each week passes.
1 member likes this
#1958152 Jul 22nd a 07:35 PM
by FATE
FATE
Man, I've never been into any of these-type shows, I think that's probably because I couldn't jump in with both feet during the Survivor craze and have just spurned them completely.

Saw Alone Season 8 was on Netflix, recalled all you fools raving about it, now I'm watching that... compulsively.

My wife is already rolling her eyes as it's something she's not into at all.

I'm sure I'll be binging every season now. If this results in divorce, I'll probably be living on one of these islands, so the info will come in handy. 🤣
1 member likes this
#1958243 Jul 23rd a 04:25 PM
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
That's the thing about Alone. For people looking for fake reality like we see in other reality shows Alone would not be for them. They think reality shows should be filled with entertainment value as it pertains to plot twists and underlying story lines. For those people I think they would find the series Alone to be very boring.

For those of us looking for real in a reality show, Alone is the only such show we watch.
1 member likes this
#1959449 Jul 30th a 05:48 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
It is great to look at all three and say "what is going to happen?"
1 member likes this