Thread Like Summary
dawglover05, Jester
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by hitt
hitt
We all know rank has its privileges- in business, in military, just about everywhere. I want to mention two cases which I think really stink.
First- 4 star Army General David Petraeus, he had a wonderful career and gets glowing pats on the back for lots of things- YET, he leaked/ gave classified material to his mistress/ his lover who was a reporter and much lower ranked officer. What did he get for releasing LOTS of Top Secret intel- $40,000 fine - two years of probation and he gets to keep making hundreds of thousands of dollars as speaker/writer. JMHO, he probably made 40 thousand for one speaking engagement.
Next case- Senior Airman- E-4, Reality Winner, she released Top Secret intelligence about ABSOLUTELY REAL/ not fake- intelligence about Russian interference with our elections- President Trump made sure she got the hammer- she sentenced to FIVE years and three months- her best plea deal. She's been released after serving Three years/ 10 months....I think, something very close to that. So she exposes the lies the sitting President is putting out and pays pretty stiff price. Just saying- WOW- our justice system sure needs some tweaks.

Land of the free, home of the brave, justice for all......well, maybe not- power and influence. George Orwell--some pigs are better than other pigs....sure rings true.
Liked Replies
by dawglover05
dawglover05
I've had family members tell me the same thing about the media. My response is "How do you know which is lies and which is truth? Were you an eyewitness to the spoken event, or do you just think whatever makes you feel better must be the truth?"

I've been getting invited to less events now...
1 member likes this
by hitt
hitt
I question if the friendship was real- I'm old guy- where did sticks and stones will hurt me, but words never will....people write people off because they don't think exactly like them.....complete baloney. I'm retired military- I served for EVERY American- no outcasts. Guess I'm a dreamer.
1 member likes this