Thread Like Summary
AZBrown, jfanent, PrplPplEater
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1964302 08/21/2022 8:46 PM
by Versatile Dog
Versatile Dog
Not sure if this thread is always started by one poster or not. My apologies if it is. Just let me know and I won't start it again.

My thoughts:

First and foremost. The defensive line play was terrible. I did not see one guy who looked good. I'm sure Wright will get some love because he did slip a few blocks and make some tackles, but he did a terrible job of setting the edge. The interior guys were horrid. Winfrey was easily contained and never had a counter move. Perry and Logan were pathetic. The DEs were bad, too. Rochell and Odom. Gag. I am very concerned w/out DT play. This simply can't happen.

The only LBer who impressed me was #42, Tony Fields. He isn't great, but he's a football player. The other dudes...Harvey and #56 stink.

AJ Green was okay. The rest of the secondary had some good and bad play.

The offensive line that played w/Dobbs, our second string guys, actually looked pretty good. Hudson did pretty good, but the guy who impressed me the most was Dunn. He played some center and quite a bit at guard. He got to the second level multiple times.

Dobbs looked very good. His arm looked way better than I remember. We know he's smart and athletic. I was also impressed by his pocket presence and throwing the ball on time. Rosen looked okay at first, but there was clearly a timing issue w/his receivers right at the end.

We have 5 really good backs. It's kinda hard to believe. peen has been high on Kelly and the guy looked good to me. Very good vision and always is going forward. Ford looked good, too.

I feel a little better about our receivers after today. We might get a couple of guys who can compliment Cooper and DPJ.

The TEs had a couple of good moments, but underwhelmed and had a couple of dumb penalties.

The kicker looks to be the real deal.

Bottom line: I like what I saw for the most part, but the DTs are a huge, huge concern. We have to upgrade there.
Liked Replies
#1964348 Aug 22nd a 01:21 AM
by Bard Dawg
Bard Dawg
Bernie.
Period.
1 member likes this
#1964345 Aug 22nd a 12:41 AM
by WSU Willie
WSU Willie
Could only listen on the radio today...I like Zegura in general and on podcasts and such...but man...he sounds like a total H-O-M-E-R. He'd call out a "great" play when we'd hit a guy before a 1st down or TD while STILL giving up the 1st down or TD.

I think Jerrod Cherry would be a better color guy than Zegura. We are going to miss Dieken's candid comments when we are playing like crap.
1 member likes this
#1964452 Aug 22nd a 08:20 PM
by Rottweiller
Rottweiller
To quote Joe Thomas “Ass over Tea Kettle” was friggin hilarious. That was a Whoops moment. I think Joe will be great once he gets a little more time.
1 member likes this