Thread Like Summary
Clemdawg, GMdawg, lampdogg, oobernoober, Versatile Dog
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by FORTBROWNFAN
FORTBROWNFAN
I wondered if anyone listened to the radio broadcast of the game and your thoughts on Zegura's commentary. Currently living near Dayton, CBS carried the Bengals game. Many times, I would listen Jim & Doug with the TV sound down when CBS did carry it live anyway.

When he was hired for this position, I was not looking forward to it due to how much I enjoyed Jim & Doug in the booth. Also, I listen to the CBD podcast while I walk every day and Nathan drove me nuts sometimes during that show. I felt like he talked too much, and "Merely Bo" and he seemed to go overboard complimenting each other and were always talking about what they did the previous weekend, professional wrestling or something else not related to the Browns for some time 15 minutes to start the show.

I must say I was somewhat impressed by his work Sunday. He spoke much more than Doug Dieken, but he usually had interesting or relevant information and a lot of data. I do wish he hadn;t shouted over Jim D during the winning kick, but I saw the video from the booth and his enthusiasm seemed genuine.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
Liked Replies
by bonefish
bonefish
Nate is a good dude. He is kinda buddies with my son and his wife.

He is genuine. He loves the game and is really a huge fan.

IMO he is great in interviews with coaches and players. He gets the the players to open up. He is knowledgeable.

He is hard working and prepared. A homer - yes but I love that.

I am happy he got the job.
2 members like this
by Rishuz
Rishuz
I agree with that. And I don't want to dislike him.

I just can't stand self righteousness, especially cherry picked self righteousness. I was actually surprised he became part of the mob for the reasons you stated.
1 member likes this
by FORTBROWNFAN
FORTBROWNFAN
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It seems what you really are having a hard time with is some people see the sexual assault and sexual mistreatment of women a far more important topic and reason for outrage than others. It's all about one's priorities I suppose.

Does every freakin thread have t go this route with you?
1 member likes this
by jfanent
jfanent

The first comment under that Eisen tweet: "All ten listeners will be enlightened". laugh
1 member likes this