Thread Like Summary
FATE, jfanent, tastybrownies, TTTDawg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by jfanent
jfanent
These jackwagons got caught stuffing their fish with lead weights wrapped in walleye fillets. I hope they get hammered big time. This tournament was worth 45k. Over the past few years they've won over a million in prize money and a boat. In a tournament they won this year in my backyard, Rossford OH, they weighed in some fish that looked like they've been dead for a week. They took off with their fish shortly after weigh-in, causing a lot of talk and suspicion....but nothing was done about it. This story has really grown some wheels, and it is being covered by all of the major national news outlets. I'd post the video, but it contains tons of profanities and threats. It's on the article link. One of the guys managed to get out of there, but the mob looks like it was ready to lynch the other guy. The good part starts at 4:50.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/10/01/pro-fishing-champs-cheating-scandal-stuffed-walleye-weights/

Trouble on the waterfront in Ohio -- a couple of fishermen have been accused of cheating to make their catches seem heavier than they were ... and the video proof is damning.

Chase Cominsky and Jake Runyon -- both locals -- were apparently caught stuffing their walleye with weights and other debris ... with things coming to a head on Friday as their fish were being weighed, and then cut open to expose the truth on Lake Erie.

As you can see, tourney officials started pulling out these little metal balls from the insides of the fish that Cominsky and Runyon had up for consideration -- some are saying they're made of lead, but in any case ... they seem to have been jammed in for extra poundage.

There are also slices of what some claim are fish fillets -- in other words, these guys are alleged to have cut pieces of other fish and stuffed them inside as well, clandestinely.

[Linked Image from imagez.tmz.com]

Some outlets are reporting that these two fellas were actually the frontrunners of this tournament -- dubbed the Lake Erie Walleye Trail in Cleveland's Gordon Park -- but that obviously came to a screeching halt when everyone caught wind of what had happened.

You can hear the utter outrage from people on the ground ... they were screaming at these guys, demanding answers and even threatening to call the police. Runyon was asked on camera if he had anything to say for himself -- but he stayed silent and just looked on.

There are reports of the fisherman going on to win other contests in and around the area -- and now, all of the accolades (and prize money) they've racked up are coming into question.

The official event page on FB had a harsh statement, calling out these gentlemen as straight-up cheaters. They write, "Disgusted guys and gals, I’m sorry for letting you down for so long and I’m glad I caught cheating taking place in YOUR LEWT at the same time."

They add, "I can’t think enough to post results, but congrats Tsczyko and French and TOY Hendricks and Ulmer. Same goes to the yak and open winners. I hope you know now that when I say ”you built this LEWT and I will defend its integrity at all costs”, I mean it."
Liked Replies
by FATE
FATE
Yep. That was hilarious!

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]
2 members like this
by archbolddawg
archbolddawg
Saw a meme earlier today on facebook. Picture of fish tacos, from Port Clinton Ohio, with shell, fish, and then lead weights on top. (heaviest fish tacos around)
1 member likes this
by Milk Man
Milk Man
j/c...

1 member likes this
by FrankZ
FrankZ
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Yahoo link

Looks like they got 10 days and have to forfeit a boat they won.

Sounds about right.

As long as they awarded that expensive fishing boat to the second place finishers from that previous tournament.

That would be great. My cynical self thinks a sheriff's department just got a new boat.
1 member likes this