Thread Like Summary
FATE, GMdawg, TTTDawg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by OldColdDawg
OldColdDawg
LSD-Like Molecules Counter Depression Without the Trip

Scientists have developed compounds that hit the same key receptors that LSD activates without causing hallucinations. A single dose produced powerful antidepressant and antianxiety effects in mice that lasted up to two weeks. The compounds are designed to fit into the same receptor that is targeted by psychedelics like LSD and psilocybin. While psychedelics can have significant long-term effects on depression, anxiety, and PTSD, it is not yet known if the trip is essential to the treatment.

Full article - https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2022/09/423891/lsd-molecules-counter-depression-without-trip
Liked Replies
by DeisleDawg
DeisleDawg
I love the hot babes riding the Rhinoceros

Am I hallucinating ?

Crap !
1 member likes this
by FATE
FATE
Well that just ruins everything!

I don't just want to end my depression, I want to know my guardian angel is riding a corn chip sitting under my lava lamp.
1 member likes this
by TTTDawg
TTTDawg
Originally Posted by FATE
Actually that is really cool. It's amazing how we are dissecting what used to be known as "dangerous street drugs" and finding such useful compounds in battling pain, depression, anxiety, etc... Some of the work we're doing with terpenes in marijuana will change the world over the next few decades.

Another thing that really cool is that we have rodent psychiatrists that can determine when a mouse is depressed. What a world!

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE........!!!! nanner nanner
1 member likes this
by GMdawg
GMdawg
Drop some real LSD and you too can talk to mice wink
1 member likes this
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Drop some real LSD

AKA as the benefit package way of doing things.
1 member likes this
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
Hell, I haven't done any since the 70's. Didn't really do it many times. A little amber windowpane, some shrooms and peyote buttons once. I always found it to be a wonderful experience however.
1 member likes this