Thread Like Summary
AZBrown, Ballpeen, Dawg Citizen, FATE, RememberMuni
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1984851 11/09/2022 4:29 AM
by lampdogg
lampdogg
Their QB has been very good, but he’s had concussions so a pass rush might intimidate him into mistakes. we need to get after him and make him antsy. MG
!!!!

On offence we should just keep running it, use play action, look for Coop. I hope Teller and NJoku play. It’s a must-win, boys, empty the tank.
Liked Replies
#1985068 Nov 10th a 01:35 AM
by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
I noticed while watching Miami a few times: they love to have Tua hit the backside WR on a quick drop. Like three step, hit a slant on the backside. You gotta make him hesitate and not rely on his timing IMO
1 member likes this
#1984987 Nov 9th a 06:03 PM
by Versatile Dog
Versatile Dog
I think this is a very tough match-up for us. I believe the 'Phins are undefeated w/Tua playing the entire game. I think they also have the most efficient passing game in the league. The WRs are the fastest set in the NFL and their TE is also very good. We are coming off the bye week, so that should help some. Miami had the league's worst OL last year. Armstead was a huge get at LT this offseason. I think they are ranked around 22nd this year.

Key Matchups:

Browns Run Game Against Miami's Run Defense:

The Dolphin run defense has been in the top 10 this year, although they did give up 178 yards to Justin Fields last week. We don't have Fields at qb. Nevertheless, our running game is strong. Strength against strength here. We have to run to keep them honest, but I don't think we are going to run it down their throats.

Dolphins Run Game vs Browns Run Defense:

Miami has not run the ball well this year. They traded for Jeff Wilson right before the trade deadline. He joins fellow former 49er Mostert under the former OC of the 49ers, who is now the HC in Miami. Both backs are fast and can take it the distance. Miami's OL is shaky, though. Then again, so is our run defense.

Browns Passing Game vs Miami's Pass Defense:

Unlike their run D, Miami's pass D has been bad. Meanwhile, the Browns passing game has been very good. Brissett is a top 10 qb in many of the most important passing metrics. Hopefully, Njoku returns and takes some of the heat off of Cooper. I think we can exploit them through the air.

Miami's Pass Offense vs Cleveland's Pass Defense:

Miami probably has the best passing game in the league right now. Tua is playing excellent football. Hill and Waddle are game breakers. So much speed. Geisiki is a very good TE when called upon. Both Mostert and Wilson can catch the ball. Wilson had a TD reception last week. The Browns pass defense has improved since a bad start. Our corners are pretty good. However, Delpit is a real liability in pass coverage. We better play a ton of zone against them. Too much speed to use man coverages.

Special Teams:

I don't know enough about their units to form an intelligent opinion.

At the End of the Day:

I think we are good enough to beat them. I believe we are better than our record. I also believe their O is real while their D is a big question mark. At the end of the day, the fact that they are at home and have such a dynamic passing game gives them an edge that is probably too much to overcome.
1 member likes this
#1985317 Nov 11th a 04:37 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
Defense is all about unit integrity. Players have to be accountable. They have to do their job.

All of football is interdependent. But when you mess up on defense against a team like the Dolphins. You can fall behind real fast.

We are not a big chunk team. We are a move the chains team. We do well when we get yards on first and second downs and leave third and short.

We succeed that way. If we fall behind by 14 in the second half. We are in trouble.

The rest of this season IMO will be defined by how well we play on defense.
1 member likes this
#1985509 Nov 13th a 12:17 PM
by Versatile Dog
Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by bonefish
Interesting.

I look at who beat them and by how much.

Jets 40 Fins 17
Bengals 27 Fins 15
Vikings 24 Fins 16

Last three games.

Fins 16 Steelers 10
Fins 31 Lions 27
Fins 35 Bears 32

I am not overwhelmed.

Tua was injured in the first half of the Bengal game. He did not play against the Jets and Vikings. Winning your starting qb is hard enough. Winning w/a backup qb is extremely hard, although we have posters on here who ignore that.
1 member likes this
#1985511 Nov 13th a 12:43 PM
by Jcamm
Jcamm
Run the freaking ball , limit poss for Mia, Hands up knock down passes, jam WR at line
1 member likes this