Thread Like Summary
archbolddawg, Clemdawg, FATE, GMdawg, Jester
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1991174 12/07/2022 7:30 PM
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
Yeah it's a very hot topic issue. And it's going to create some very vitriol responses. But this is the place for that.

First I would like to point out that as with anything else, not everyone with Christian beliefs is the same. Just like all democrats aren't far left progressives, Republicans aren't all Trumpians and not all billionaires are evil, not all Christians conduct themselves or believe in exactly the same things.

Let's address this supposed "Attack on Christianity" we keep hearing about. To me that's really nothing more than a deflection. Let's actually look at where an attack is coming from. Are non Christians trying to deny you the right to worship or believe as you choose? As a Christian myself I have encountered nothing of the kind. I'm free to go to any church at any time and have the right to believe any religion I so choose. I in no way feel "under attack". I think a big part of that has to do with the way I practice what I believe Christianity to be.

One of the biggest divides I see among Christians is that some of us feel we have the right to live the life we choose but also not infringing on others to live the life they choose. That we don't have the right to legislate our version of morality and Christian beliefs upon everyone else. If one doesn't believe in gay marriage, don't get gay married. That's your right as much as it is the right of gay people to get married. By trying to infringe on their rights, you are inflicting your beliefs on them. There are may ways in which religion is being used as a weapon to inflict their beliefs on the masses. This is why you feel "attacked". It's because society that believes cramming your religion down their throats is in infringing on them. That you're using religion to discriminate against them. And I would agree. Let's face it, when you use your religion as an excuse not to serve gay people, what you're really saying is "My religion is more important than you being treated the same and as equally as everyone else."

We see those who carry the Christian mantra while objecting to anything that would help those who have needs and are what they consider in a lesser situation than themselves. Let me ask you, what Jesus have you been following that would deny people healthcare, food assistance or a place to live? Because that's most certainly not the Jesus I follow and believe in....

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Matt.25:35-45

This is the Jesus I believe in. Listening to what some Christians espouse I'm not sure we're even reading the same book. Jesus made it plain to be saved you had to accept his message. Not have his religion crammed down people's throats by forcing them to live the life you think they should.

Maybe if you're a Christian and actually believe you're under attack it's because its often times you attacking those who do not share your religious views. Trying to lessen their value and make sure their rights are lesser than your own.
Liked Replies
#1991221 Dec 8th a 02:27 AM
by FloridaFan
FloridaFan
The biggest misconception is that people who claim to be "Christian" are followers of Christ's teachings.

Religion is often interpreted to meet ones needs, or beliefs.

But if you really break the Bible down to it's simplest form it is that we should "love", not in the literal sense, but in the "support each other" idea, one another. It also says we should not judge each other, that that is left for God himself. So if someone is claiming that someone is doing "something" wrong, are they not judging?

We often get caught up in classification or identification of people, and forget that each person is an individual. Each with their own upbringing that shaped their ideals, each with their own struggles and culture, each with their own perspective of the world.

Rather than hate on each other and call out their traits we find wrong, should we not talk to them and try to understand their perspective while explaining ours?
5 members like this