Thread Like Summary
tastybrownies, Versatile Dog
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1995462 12/26/2022 1:49 PM
by Versatile Dog
Versatile Dog
This thread is for "game specific" talk rather than bigger picture topics.

This was a disappointing loss as I thought we had the better team. Plenty of blame to go around.

Observations:

--Watson played okay considering the weather, but he did not play well. I say this because he made a few bad decisions in the pocket. He should have ran earlier than he did on several occasions. He threw at least two short flips late that went absolutely nowhere. Has to quicker w/his decision making. His feet got out of whack a few times and that hurts accuracy.

--This was the first game where I really questioned some of Stefanski's decisions. The route on the 4th down call where we overthrew Njoku was a bad call. I think there were some plays where I would have preferred we run because of the wind, but Chubb was getting stuffed too many times and we got behind the chains. And he did get 24 carries, which was 4 more than Kamara.

--The drop by Cooper in the end zone was huge. That was a momentum shifter. Cooper did slip and that is why he dropped it, but man, that was a huge play.

--DPJ had another crucial drop.

--Some of the calls were crazy, like the hold on Conklin. The dude slipped and fell down and Conklin was just doing his job.

--The D played pretty good overall, but they exploited us when they ran Power w/Hill to the side where Clowney was supposed to play. Of course, he missed yet another game.

--We needed Myles to get a sack on a few plays and he came up empty and the Saints were able to keep drives alive.

--I thought both teams played hard under extremely adverse conditions. That's magnified a bit considering both teams had almost no shot at the playoffs going in.

I'll share some more observations on specific players if the conversation progresses civillily.
Liked Replies
#1995587 Dec 27th a 02:51 AM
by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
A few things I kinda took note of during the game:

- You can tell our OL is not the same due to injury. teller and Conklin aren’t healthy I can almost guarantee that.

- Hunt is a shell of himself. Crazy how quickly he hit the wall.

- We had some key drops that led to the final outcome. I can remember 3-4 of them in key spots.

- Our ST had one of their better days of the year I thought.

- Delpit is so good in the box. Just wish he was well rounded.

- We missed clowney most when Hill was in the game. I thought that was the drive the Saints took the momentum.
1 member likes this