Thread Like Summary
AZBrown, EveDawg, jaybird, jfanent, Versatile Dog
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2004549 02/20/2023 4:18 AM
by jaybird
jaybird
Currently my two favorite vacation spots are either my cabin in Wears Valley which is in the heart of the smokey mountains or staying at my aunt's house in the middle of Maine... both offer amazing Mountain views... are secluded... and there's a lot of hiking/swimming/boating....

Also, love the beach... favorite beach current is in Destin/Mirimar area.... also love Denver...

Some places I'd like to visit... I want to go to Alaska, Hawaii, and Southern California...

Where are your favorite vacation spots?!?!

My next big vacation is taking the boys to Disney World for the first time... I've been probably a dozen times, but we're going as. family for the first time in Nov
Liked Replies
#2004557 Feb 20th a 01:32 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
I love the National Parks.

Especially out West.

Zion is amazing. Yosemite, I lived nearby and have been there many times. Yellowstone, Arches, Glacier, Grand Canyon, Death Valley.

Grand Tetons outside Jackson Hole is like a painting.

Alaska, I have been there five times breathtaking.

I love the Rockies from Sante Fe all the way North.

I have plans to go to Banff National Park in Canada. The pictures I have seen are magnificent.
2 members like this
#2004644 Feb 21st a 12:13 PM
by jfanent
jfanent
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
I wonder where in History that the concept of vacation, or retirement originated. ... East coast of Florida. Partly, for a second.

I think it was when the Jews asked the pharaoh for a break from working on the pyramids.
2 members like this
#2004559 Feb 20th a 01:59 PM
by PortlandDawg
PortlandDawg
I have a buddy with a condo on Maui I can use. He lives on Lanai so tend to go there to hang with he and his wife instead. Outside of those two places I don’t vacation in the same place twice. The planet is too vast and my time too short to go back to the same places over and over.
Vietnam is hopefully my next big trip.
This year I’ve been to the Middle East and Europe already.
If I had unlimited funds I don’t know when I’d see home again.
1 member likes this
#2004631 Feb 20th a 11:43 PM
by PortlandDawg
PortlandDawg
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yellowstone is amazing. I took this photo of Mt Moran 20+ years ago. The place is crazy pretty anywhere you point a camera.
1 member likes this